We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Our Thanksgiving in Barcelona was such a bitter sweet time. We missed our family and friends who were not here with us yet also were able to celebrate with people who had never had Thanksgiving before.
Not only that but we were able to share the Gospel with our new friends we had met here. With that being said, we wanted to share in the things we are thankful that God is doing here in Barcelona.
- Another Baptism! – A friend we met here was searching for truth and found the bible and started to read it. After reading it, He believed that The Word of God was true so he repented of his sins and was baptized shortly after. He has been joining us on Fridays for house church and is being discipled by a local leader here to learn how to grow his relationship with Christ and to live out his new identity as Christ’s ambassador.
- People desiring to read The Word of God together – We have been meeting more people who have been interested in reading the Bible and who learning more about God.
- Caring for the community – We have been going out into the community and have been giving food to the homeless or those in need and have been offering prayers to them. In doing so, we have witnessed people being more open/receptive to hear Jesus. Not only were we able to go, but also our brother in Christ (who was living on the streets a few months ago) was able to join us. Seeing Him experience the love of Christ through this experience was truly amazing.
- Fruitful time in Turkey – The guys on our team took a trip to Turkey to spend time with one of the guys they have been discipling. It was a time of encouragement, fellowship, and they got to pray and care for people around them.
- Increasing community – God has placed three women in the gal’s lives who are from S.E Asia. They really desire community and to be loved and we have had some opportunities to share part of our story/why we are here in Spain. (Please pray that God will soften their hearts, open their ears to ear and protect them from the lies of the enemy.)
- Homesickness during the holidays – We won’t sugar-coat it, it’s been hard being away from our families and friends this holiday season. We are grateful for our family in Christ here and we are excited to celebrate with them. Please pray for peace for us during this time.
- Financial Provision – As we mentioned in our last support update, our team as a whole has lost a portion of their support. Please join us in prayer during this time of uncertainty.
- Housing issues- This last month has been one of the hardest. There have been many issues with our housing situation and we are trying to figure out the next steps. Please pray for wisdom, peace, and discernment.
- Renewing Visa/Visa Process – Pray that process runs smoothly, our visa will need to be renewed at the beginning of next year.
- Immigrants – Please pray for work and papers for our two immigrant friends They are in a very tough situation and we want to care for them as much as possible. Please be praying for wisdom to know now to help them and finding the right resources for jobs and housing.
- Friday Night House church – Please pray that God will continue to move in the hearts of the people there and it would continue to grow so that more people would see the love of Jesus!
- Language Learning – We have hit a point where it’s just been extremely overwhelming. Please pray for peace and that we will give ourselves grace & patience during this season.
“Let them give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds for men, for He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.”
- Sleeping Bags – It has been pretty cold here in Barcelona and there are a lot of homeless immigrants and nationals who are living on our block. We would like to be able to love them by giving them blankets and sleeping bags. To be able to do this we need more financial resources to cover this. By supplying sleeping it makes it easier to engage with us. They are less worried about staying warm and eating and more eager to discuss and listen.
- Christmas Feast – With much prayer and planning we have decided to help with a Christmas dinner for those in the community. With this we will be able to not only care for those here but more importantly share the Gospel with everyone who comes.
If you would like to sign-up to help with any of these needs, we would be so thankful! You can sign up to donate one-time or recurring here.