Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! January flew by so quickly and we wanted to send out an update to share with you what God is doing here in Barcelona. We are so thankful for each one of you and your prayers and support! Since we sent out our last update letter this is what has happened.
- Every week we go out into our neighborhood and the surrounding areas to pray for people and care for their physical needs. Recently we have met some open people who we are going to meet up again with and share the Gospel. Please join us in prayer for these people to come to Christ.
- Two guys confessed Jesus as Lord and Savior and were baptized. One of them (B) was just traveling through Barcelona on a trip to another part of Spain to receive physical therapy on his leg. This was not necessary because the Lord healed him and he chose to follow Jesus! We were in awe of our God and His miraculous wonders. The other man (L) lives here in Barcelona and is a part of our house Church. He is growing in the Lord and in fellowship with other believers. Please join us in prayer for L and B as they continue to walk in faith.
- Months ago, a friend of ours who lives here in Barcelona began sharing his faith with a coworker. At first she had no interest in who God was, but over the course of a few months the Lord worked in her heart. Recently she professed Jesus as Lord and was baptized. We were so excited to see how the Lord worked in her heart and continue to see God give her the ability to overcome her past. Now Emily and a few other ladies meet together to study the Bible and learn more from God’s word. Please join us in prayer for our new sister in Christ.
- Emily has been going to language school 20 hours a week to study Spanish. At the time we signed up we knew it would be a good way to learn the language and receive a visa. Now we know the Lord strategically places us there for a reason and have seen so much fruit from it. She has met so many women through this school and has had a chance to share the love of Jesus with them. There is one in particular who has been joining us for house Church every week and learning more about Jesus. Please join us in prayer for her.
- Our visa’s are about to expire and we are working through next steps. We do not have a lot of options but are confident the Lord will guide us through it. Please be praying for wisdom and guidance with this.
During our last letter we mentioned our desire to feed those in our community who do not have anything. We were able to join a non-profit in our neighborhood who was feeding those in need during Christmas. This was a great time to care for our community and meet new people.
Over the past month we have been working on some renovations to our apartment- so our bedroom doors would close. We finally finished last week and are so thankful that is over! Tony and our housemate (J) worked many hours to finish this task but now it is finished and now we can keep our bedroom warm.
We had our first Christmas away from our family and friends back home. It was a pretty emotional time but we definitely felt comfort from the Lord. As a team we spent the day together: we read the Christmas story, ate food, relaxed, and went to a movie- it was actually in English! It has been truly a blessing to be surrounded by a family of believers, especially during challenging times.